In electrical power distribution, busduct is strips or bars of copper or aluminium that conducts electricity from power sources to a switchboard, distribution board, substation, battery bank or other electrical apparatus.
GE Spectra Series Sandwich Type Busduct is a World Champion busway features :
– Blue Coat TM coating is a fluidized bed oven cured epoxy process.
– Non-flammable self extinguishing insulation
– Five (5) times greater impact strength than PVC insulation.
– Exceptional heat dissipating qualities. During thermal cycling tests, epoxy coated bars were subjected to repeated cycling from (-)200C to (+)1750C in a two minute period. The Dielectric strength of the bars were 11kV after 40 cycles as described above and a 480inch-pound impact test.
– UL 1300C RTI Class B rating insulation
– Resistance to water absorption is many times higher than Mylar or PVC insulation
– Life expectancy of GE’s Blue coat epoxy is 50 years
GE Spectra Busduct Portfolio :
– Rate Range : 225-5000A (Copper), 225-4000A (Aluminum)
– Type-Tested to IEC60947-2 and UL 857
– Sandwich Design
– Lightweight aluminum housing
– Joint Guard Protection
– Suitable for use in heavy industrial and commercial areas
Spectra Joint-Guard Protection System :
– Proven Technology in Nuclear and Aerospace
– Indicator Measures Bolt Elongation, better than a Torque Wrench
– Direct Measurement — Not Indirect!!
– Less Variance (Torque Wrench = +/-30% variance)